Friday, November 16, 2012

Eerily prescient! I get my fortune told for free!



October 13, 2012
The Onion: Secretary Of Interior Decks Smart-Ass Buffalo

One month later ...

November 13, 2012
The Denver Post: Salazar said to have threatened to "punch out" reporter

I've been a huge fan (funny, I don't look huge) of the song Fortune Teller since i first heard, well, everybody cover it when i was, uh, 10, 11, 12 years old. It was on the a.m., sonny, the tran-sis-tor radio. The Stones, the Hollies, you name it. Then the Iguanas slow tele & sax driven New Orleans video grabbed me in the 90s and, who'd of thunk it, it popped up on the Who's CD re-issue of Live at Leeds.

To mah surprise. To mah pride 'n joy.

And of course Robert Plant & Alison Krauss did a nice cover on Raising Sand to coax me into buying that CD. So what I'm saying is, if you want to get a new band together & cover this song for me I'm sure i'll like it, & in the meantime it's in the Who Am Us Anyway Field Guide to Pop Music's Top Ten Supernatural Songs.

4 comments:

Charlie_Mac said...

I like it! NON is in the process of learning some new tunes for a gig at the Mpls Eagles in Feb - let's see if I can sell 'em on it...

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

What's the date in February? I'm trying to plan (you know how hard that is for me)my winter-spring St. Paul grandkid visits; would love to tie some of these trips to the dates of your shows ...

Charlie_Mac said...

Saturday 2-16, 8 to 12, be there or be square!

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Square aint my thing man, so I'll definitely be seeing you & the boys on the 16th.