Saturday, January 26, 2013

To be eaten by some fishes who were eaten by some fishes


Dang! If you'd have asked me, I'd have said this was CGI trickery, positing a dinosaur waiting for a penguin. Something that might be conjured if you were to pour yourself a cup of tea and think about the bubbles ...



But no! It's an actual unfaked underwater photo of an actual modern-day predator called, appropriately enough, a Leopard Seal, preparing to make a snack of a naive young penguin in the Antarctic. That is all.

3 comments:

Charlie_Mac said...

I get "The Point!"

Mister Pleasant said...

I am glad I got past that too disturbing first image to listen to that awesome Harry Nilson tune. I remember watching "The Point" on TV back in the day. I must have been in high school at the time. Gotta go over to Netflix now to see if it is available.

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Heigh oh! Charlie, Mr. P., I'm so glad you guys like old Harry, one of my all-time sen-ti-men-TAL faves. Who knows why? Is it the voice, the insanely clever lyrics? We'll never know.

So Mr. P, that means that unbeknownst to me at the time, on Feb. 2, 1971, (a mere 42 years ago?)ANOTHER H.S. kid & future blog friend was watching The Point (on ABC, it turns out) at the EXACT same time I was. To me, that is very cool. :-)