Monday, March 4, 2013

I pull a mad scheme all around the North Side

Among the observations that occurred to me too late to be funny are:

(1)
On balance, the storied Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer has served our troops well despite a tendency to jam when left on full automatic for long periods.

(2)
In field tests, the Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer drove a stake deep into the heart of the old canard, “You can take your potatoes down to be mashed, but you cannot slice your banana.”

So, going to Chicago on Saturday to see some of the best old friends ever and talk and listen to rockabilly; and that reminded me that man I would like to see this JD McPherson guy someday. Given that old JD was just born in 1977 he should be around a hell of a lot longer than I will be, so I have that going for me.

2 comments:

Scott Nolan said...

So Little Richard is actually a white guy from Oklahoma. Huh, who knew? Thanks for turning me on to some tasty stuff, Mr. Who!

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

I'm even a sucker for all the vintage equipment. But hey man, where you boys hiding the sax player? :-)