Friday, June 14, 2013

Guess I'm gonna lose this round

Living in your major metropolitan areas such as Chicago and all for my livelong except for 2 really fun married with a darling baby daughter years in Cumberland, Md., a beautiful little town (where you can have more fun if you're young and have no money than anyplace else I've ever lived) I can't say for sure,  but I do THINK this song's account of small town life is not only brilliant but also correct sir! That is, I think it's correct not from personal experience but because when I can, I always go to my family reunion in Brunswick, Mo., my momma's home town. Really good people there as they say and/but you better believe they know everybody else's share of ups and downs.

Now about this song here, has it got a great bass line running along at the appropriate times on the 6 string? Why yes, i think it does. But can the guy play harmonica just right? Wellll ... i believe he can. OK, but does it include a great Steve Earle kinda "hup!" just when you need it? Hell yes it does! All right then, fine, but here's the deal: Does the very last line of the song put a precise and this time I mean precise, silver dagger in your heart EVERY single time?


4 comments:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

(guess guess i'm gonna lose this round)
I'll make a point of losing this round for you
(watch what you do)
yeah

Charlie_Mac said...

"You're gonna Lose this round!" Clever! Just watched a vid on the making of "Help" the other day...ironic!

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Hiya Charlie -- not ironic! but it is synchronicity and not for the first time between thee & me! So sorry I couldn't make your Northfield Show. I really, really wanted to be there. But with my dog hurt I was out of luck ...

Charlie_Mac said...

Ah too bad! Hope everything turns out ok - there's always the Windsor gig on 7-27 and we're doing a benefit in Shakopee on 8-24, so hope you can make one of those...